- Label your boxes for easy locating
- Read your Rental Agreement
- Insure your goods- if it’s worth storing, it’s worth insuring!
- Keep heavier boxes on the bottom
- Use smaller boxes for books and heavy objects
- Put the items you need the least in the back of the unit to keep room in the front for things you may want to get at later
- Leave an aisle or walkway for easy access to all your items
- Use freestanding shelving to help keep things organized
- Wrap pictures, mirrors and framed items with paper or bubble wrap and mark as FRAGILE. Never store these items flat.
- Cover furniture and mattresses for protection. Use pallets or cardboard to keep these items off the floor.
- Store mattresses flat to prevent them from bending out of shape
- Don’t forget to use furniture drawers to store items- Linens, clothes, blankets, silverware and small items.
- Remove the legs from tables to make more room.
- DO NOT store cash, jewelry, furs, sentimental or irreplaceable items
- DO NOT store hazardous or dangerous materials, food or perishable items
- Be aware of Property access hours and posted signage
Report any unusual activity or potential problems to the staff immediately
If you have any questions or need assistance, your Hypoluxo Storage staff can help with everything from the packing supplies you need to finding a good pizza on moving day!